Sunday, February 26, 2012

Is shopping at Ingles a good idea?

I'm trying to get into couponing because money is tight and I would like to help my mother who is a good shopper, but maybe not as frugal as myself.



I've been looking at how other people save money shopping and many people do not like to shop at ingles because of their coupon policy. Their coupon policy is what has drawn me to them.

I have looked around and there are absolutely no stores in my area that double coupons. I feel that I would get the best out of coupons by shopping at ingles.



We were shopping at Walmart which one household member swears up and down is the cheapest. When we did most of our shopping at Save a lot we did much better but they don't have some name brands and some foods are not good generic (like pizza rolls).

Food City is really expensive but with coupons and some $5 off entire purchase coupons they sent me in the mail, I plan on doing some shopping there on our next trip.

The local IGA store and dollar stores are better than food city and walmart in a lot of ways but they do not double coupons.



I just need some opinions on what would be the best ways to save.

I'm thinking that I would save the most by breaking the grocery shopping down into 3 different trips would save us the most money, but that will be a bit of a hassle.Is shopping at Ingles a good idea?
For those looking to save the most possible it is often necessary to visit more than one store. We visit three different stores but purchase enough so that we don't have to go back once a week. You need to keep travel down as low as possible or you are just spending money on gas that you save with the coupons.



It's always best to wait until the sales flyers come out and then plan your shopping trip all for one day. Just remember that you really won't save five dollars at a store that's going to cost you $6 to get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment