Thursday, February 23, 2012

When I offer a coupon should food have less quality?

Often times pizza shops have coupons and for some reason they prefer if I mention it on the phone if I have a coupon. If I don't mention it ahead of time when I go to pay they will tell me they want to know about a coupon ahead of time. They still give me the reduced price overall. Sometimes from a coupon book I get coupons for half off a pizza. I feel the pizza shop probably doesn't make much with half off. I don't usually tell them ahead of time about these coupons. Somehow I feel if they know I want half off that they may give less cheese on pizza. Should I feel when I have a coupon that they will not give me as good of food or shouldn't it matter?When I offer a coupon should food have less quality?
They want to know about the coupon because they have to ring it up differently on the register. There is no difference in the quality of the food. What the coupon is for is to get new regular customers. It doesn't make sense to shortchange them plus the price of the ingredients is not that great of a portion of the selling price. z
Unfortunately, yes. I worked a a Chinese restaurant, when a coupon was presented and I attached it to the ticket, it signaled the cooks, to put less food on the plate. Why do they INSIST on knowing about the coupon? O course you are going to get less. Keep forgetting to mention the coupon. Oh and pizza places make TONS of money, it cost less than a dollar or two to make a pizza from start to finish. flour, cheese, sauce, minimum wage workers, don't worry about them making money, their doing fine.When I offer a coupon should food have less quality?
I have been using coupons off and on for the past 10 years. I have never had a problem with either the quality

or the quantity of the food. The only reason they want to know about the coupon beforehand is because

they want to ring it up right.
They want to know about the coupon so when they ring it up on the cash register they can add the coupon. If you present the coupon later then they have to void the first sale then redo the sale. More work for them for less money.When I offer a coupon should food have less quality?
Sometimes I seem to get just as good, sometimes it is noticeably different. I see your point. Try not to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment